Tuesday 30 July 2013

A final blog as a First Server

Our time in India and on the First Serve programme is now coming to an end. I have so many mixed feelings about it, I have had such an incredible time over these past few months, from Bible college at Tilsley to Grosvenor church in Barnstaple to teaching and being here in India. I have met so many great people over the 6 months and am so grateful for all the friendships made as well as the amazing memories. There has been some challenges over the months, whether illness or fear but God has always been there and protected, like he promises.


India has been so much fun. The past few weeks, the wildlife seems to have come to life as we have seen a hhuge black scorpion on our front door, one of the world's deadliest snakes called a krait - I nearly stepped on him but luckily he just caught my eye!- and a comelian walking across the road, I never knew they walked so slowly and bounced as they went. The teaching has been a great experience. The past few weeks has been finishing off lessons and for my 7th standard, getting ready for our assembly on Friday, they are doing a drama on the story called the Three Trees as well as a few songs, a memory verse and a prayer. The rest of my classes has been trying to think of really fun things for them to do during their lessons and so for art this week I have been taking in flowers, leaves and all sorts of nature from outside for the classes to draw. I have also been trying to spend as much time with the children as I can before going as well as with the families and their kids. I will miss them all alot here and am so grateful they let James and I have this experience together.

I have been taught so much about myself during this time, as well as about another culture entirely different to my own. God has really shown me new strengths I didnt realise I had in me. I'm now trying to convince James to have another year out and go on another adventure.. I think Uni is probably a wiser choice, and I'm sure it will be an adventure by itself.

Final goodbyes are always hard, but Im so grateful to know that I have another place in the world that I have briefly called 'Home' for the past few months. Phillipians 4 v 13 says 'I can do all things through /christ who gives me strength'. A firm assurance that anything can be done when we put Christ as our centre and ask for his guidance, his wisom as well as his love.

Love Hannah
 

1 comment:

  1. If you are a christian who has to travel to India for work purpose and at the same also has a heart to know the heartbeat of Indian missions during your non working hours then do connect, check this link http://bit.ly/1S1Pz7a. This initiative is basically to make use of your free time in India to meet and mingle with the local Christians and also to minister along with them. God bless you.

    Check here - http://bit.ly/1S1Pz7a

    ReplyDelete