Tuesday 19 March 2013

Taking on a seefood diet...


I have now moved into my second home here in Barnstaple and have been welcomed by a lovely family, even though I was sad to be leaving my old hosts. I am however grateful that I will still get to see them at Church before totally leaving Barnstaple and looking forward to the 3 weeks I have at my new location.

My work has been as busy as ever with going to a toddlers group called Noah's Ark, to planning and running a Monday evening youth group called Explode, to organising the Holiday club happening in a few weeks time to doing our personal study and joining in with the study the apprentices do at the church; it never stops. 

Barnstaple seems to always have food offering for some reason alot more than home, Sundays have turned into a constant food day with big Sunday lunches with my hosts, having afternoon tea with James' hosts and a 'neccesary' McDonalds after the youth evening service, it has turned into my favourite day of the week as I'm sure you can imagine, if a little filling.

Last Saturday we had a child protection talk for 4 and a half hours at one of the neighbouring churches in Barnstaple, which surprisingly was really interesting and has made us so aware of all the  different factors to remember when working with children. A doughnut break in the middle also really helped keep our concentration.

If you felt you would like to pray for me, energy would be really great! It has been quite exhausting maintaining energy to continue giving for God's work all the time and even though I have loved the work it is quite exhausting and I'd love to feel that I can keep going with his work and manage each day and give my best to it. Also please pray for continued intriguing study time, it has been so rewarding studying and would really like to be able to go deeper throughout the week with it, not just during our designated study time and see how it can be related to real life in a practical way.

The end quote  has really been what life has been like for myself and James here in Barnstaple, continuing to keep exploring as much of the church work and Christian work as we can here to enable new doors to open and our brains become more in gear with God's work and what he wants of us in later life as well as now.

Love Hannah


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment